Many safe Halloween activities for the children (and those young at heart) at area churches.
- Neighbors: Happy 90th birthday neighbor Rosalie Lobpries
- Fine Arts Director changes anthem on music education
- Oak Forest resident follows dream with new brew shop
- Reader: No election help
- It’s clear Parker doesn’t care about allies
- Passings in the community
- News from the Pews: TALC senior living exhibit and seminar Oct. 24
Dear Editor: [Jonathan McElvy’s] half-page editorial was clever, but didn’t include much meaningful information about election choices. If you are still confused about the judges running for election, try reading the Chronicle (the other newspaper). They have been publishing information about the candidates, along with recommendations. It doesn’t seem to be “straight ticket” at all. […]
The phone and email messages over the past week have been enough to make me feel like I’m the guy running a karaoke machine down at the local watering hole. It’s not often that I take column requests, but just enough people have asked for my take on Mayor Annise Parker’s subpoena spill that I […]
To fully view the maples and oaks and other trees (I speak fluent horticulture) one must go north, way up north. So we began at Montreal.