What used to be just a catchphrase or sound bite in the area – the $1 million home – is now a growing reality in Leader communities. But just what makes a home a million dollar investment in our area? And with the volatility in the Houston job market thanks to the dropping price in oil, will it continue?
- Super Thirsty Sunday XLIX
- Oak Forest senior scares away would-be burglar
- Passings in the Community: Adams, Cisneros, Griffin, Gum, Johnson, Kenjura, McKenzie, Orton, Przborski, and Wilkerson
- Readers respond to downtown construction, headaches for METRO commuters
- One reader offers a transportation education
- Art Valet: La clemenza di Tito
- Gatlins BBQ raises sign at new location
Barbecue is soon to move into the neighborhood with Gatlin’s BBQ relocating their 19th street location to a new 4,200 space at 3510 Ella Blvd. The barbecue eatery raised their sign this week at the new location and the center is currently still gated off. When the location will open is still on the horizon.
The end of the NFL season is here and on Sunday, Feb. 1, the New England Patriots will take on the 2014 Super Bowl champions, the Seattle Seahawks. Who’s going to win? We’ll save that for the sports anchors to give their reliable predictions. What we’re here to talk about is the good stuff. Where […]
Next month, the Equilibrium Social House will open its doors providing coffee, assorted high-end teas and baked goods and desserts, according to a press release released Jan. 20. The coffee shop concept’s new home will be at 1030 Heights Blvd, formerly the residence of Waldo’s & Boulevard Coffee. Located directly on Heights Blvd., EQ Height’s […]
Houston Metro doesn’t really care about loss of ridership. Only 18% of their budget is supported by fares. The remaining 82% comes from our taxes. Not much incentive for improving public transportation.
If we want to develop as a leading city in the United States, all of us should support having a means to move the masses. But it is not OK that taxpayers foot 93 percent of the bill.
Much of this overwrought fear was encouraged by the press. Its mistakes are pointed out ad nauseam, and some of the media did indeed drop the ball on this story, scaring the bejesus out of us.