HFD Logo

A woman was hospitalized after being rescued from a fire at a local apartment complex earlier this week, according to a news release from the Houston Fire Department.

HFD said crews responded to the Candlelight Estates apartments at 818 Pinemont Dr. just after 1:30 a.m. Wednesday to find smoke coming from the first floor of the two-story apartment complex.

A female resident was initially trapped inside, HFD said, and was pulled out through the window and later taken to an area hospital. The department said a small dog was also rescued and left with a neighbor.

Arson investigators later ruled that the fire was accidental, HFD said, having appeared to start on a stovetop in the kitchen before extending to the wall and ceiling. It caused an estimated $25,000 worth of damage, according to the department.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.