A gathering of chefs from around the globe will be serving up themed specialty dishes during a two-week festival called Commune that will be held Aug. 21-Sept. 5 at Heights House Hotel, 100 W. Cavalcade St., according to spokespersons for the hotel and the group organizing the event.
Commune is a project of IndieChefs, run by founder Grover Smith, a Heights resident.
According to the IndieChefs website, the event is an “anti-food festival” that is “equitatable, gives back to the community, champions social justice, and is committed to addressing systemic issues facing the hospitality industry.”
Among the pop-up events taking place throughout Commune’s two-week long exhibition are the Commune Street Market, which opens Aug. 22 and runs from Aug. 25-29 and Sept. 1-5.
Each night of the Commune Street Market will feature a new group of chefs and new menus, including different thematic elements such as lighting design.
Tickets range from $50-$500. Tickets for the street market start at $125 and early entry tickets are $150.
VIP tickets for Week 1 or Week 2 of Commune are sold separately and start at $2,500.
Tickets are available for purchase at https://www.indiechefs.com/products/commune-houston-texas.
More local restaurants participating in Houston Restaurant Weeks
Several area restaurants will be participating in this year’s Houston Restaurant Weeks. They are:
• Alice Blue, 250 W. 19th St., serves American comfort food.
• Common Bond Bistro & Bakery, 449 W. 19th St., Ste. B-100, offers gourmet takes on brunch and breakfast classics.
• Harold’s Restaurant, Bar & Rooftop Terrace, 350 W. 19th St., Ste. C provides guests a taste of Southern fried chicken and seafood.
• Kin Dee Thai Cuisine, 1533 N. Shepherd Drive, Ste. 160 serves Thai curries, noodles and dumplings.
• Maison Pucha Bistro, 1001 Studewood St., Ste. A, is an upscale brunch spot with global tastes.
• Rainbow Lodge, 2011 Ella Blvd., serves guests wild game and seafood in a rustic log cabin setting.
• Mastrantos, 927 Studewood St., Ste. 100, is a Venezuelan restaurant with an international menu.
• Fegens, 1050 Studewood St., offers modern Italian and American favorites.